EU students (BREXIT)

EU students (BREXIT)

Please see the latest advice for EU students on Brexit:

Tuition fee funding

If you are a current EU student (started your course before 31 August 2021) you will continue to be able to access funding under existing eligibility criteria.

Immigration status

EU, EEA and Swiss nationals and their family members in the UK before 11pm on 31 December 2020 and intending to stay beyond this date need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Applications must be made by 30 June 2021.

Those who have a documented right of permanent residence under EU law still need to apply under the Scheme before the end of the transition period (or under another category of the Immigration Rules), as the right of permanent residence is an EU right which will no longer be recognised.

Interruption of study

If you are a EU student on an interruption of study, or planning an interruption of study that will extend your course to beyond 31 December 2020, then you should apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

If you have left the UK, those who then re-enter the UK before 31 December 2020 will have until 30 June 2021 to make the application.

Those who re-enter the country after 31 December, and have not applied to the Settlement Scheme, will need to have immigration permission through the new Immigration rules from January 2021.