Visas & Immigration

Visas and Immigration

To study at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David London you need to meet the various visa and immigration conditions required by the UK Home Office.

Well before you intend to travel, make sure your passport is valid and that it will remain valid throughout the period of your stay. Check with the United Kingdom's Embassy or High Commission in your home country to see if you require a visa. If you do require a visa, make sure you apply for it well in advance. You should visit

If you need a visa to study in the UK, you will need a Student visa for courses over 11 months in length. You must be sponsored by UWTSD and have a confirmed place. You may be able to do some work on this visa.

For more information:

Do I need a visa to study at UWTSD London?

The UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Website will tell you if you need a visa to study in the UK with UWTSD. You do not need a visa if you are from the United Kingdom.

I need a visa to study at UWTSD, what should I do now?

Make sure that you have completed an application form and submitted it to the University.

There is more information available to help you with this in the Apply Now section.

Once your application is accepted, you will then be given detailed guidance and support for your visa application.

What kind of visa do I need?

In order to study at the London Campus of the University, you will require a Student Visa.

What will I need to apply for a Student Visa?

Full information regarding what you will need to apply for a Student Visa can be found in this section of the government website.

What should I do once I have received my Visa?

As soon as you have received your visa, you should inform the Admissions Office of the London Campus by forwarding a scanned copy of your visa via e-mail at

If you are in your home country, you should make arrangements for your travel to the UK. Please ensure that you arrive in the UK with plenty of time to attend registration.

Where can I get further advice?

We recommend you start by reading the information and guidance contained in these pages and also look at the website: UK Visa and Immigration and

If you can't find what you are looking for or need further personal advice, you can email the team at