Role in the University
- Programme Manager for the Certificate of Higher Education Skills for the Workplace programme
Sylvia is a lecturer with an extensive background in language teaching and testing (IELTS, etc.), tutoring, academic support and translation. She speaks fluent Spanish, Polish and Portuguese and has over 20 years of professional experience in the UK, Poland and Brazil, covering programme management, international student recruitment and university liaison.
- British Association of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes
Sylvia's main interest lies in all aspects of Academic English teaching (EAP) and language acquisition/testing, but she is also engaged in researching about Personal and Professional Development, Employability and Communication.
Sylvia teaches on the following modules:
- Academic and Employability Skills
- Effective Teamwork and Communication
- Professional Career Development
- Study Skills (in-sessional support)
EAP, online learning, blended learning.