Role in the University
- Programme Manager for the BA (Hons) Leadership and Management Skills for the Workplace programme
Mohamed is an acknowledged CIMA and MBA qualified expert within the fields of Teaching & Lecturing in Accounting, Finance, Strategic Management, Organisational Behaviour, Operations Management, Marketing Management and other business subjects. He is skilled at assessing development requirements, designing, preparing and delivering effective educational programmes to meet both individual and establish goals and objectives, and monitoring outcomes accordingly. He demonstrates a patient and understanding approach to helping others gaining improvements in their abilities, attaining personal goals and achievements. My key strength areas include syllabus construction, oral and written teaching, training, educational development, coaching and mentoring, one to one tutoring, accounts preparation, VAT returns, Self-Assessment, Bookkeeping etc.
His role as a Programme Manager includes:
- Offer teaching and student support at undergraduate and postgraduate level of study as a member of a teaching team.
- Offer teaching in a variety of learnings settings from seminar and small group tutorials to large lectures, workshops, or placements, using appropriate and engaging teaching styles, within an established programme of study.
- Design and develop teaching materials, assessment methods and criteria, for individual modules or modules within a specific subject area, with a clear awareness and understanding of relevant quality assurance requirements.
- Supervise the work of students in a timely, professional and supportive manner, providing necessary advice on study skills, research methods, assessment and dissertation work.
- Offer appropriate advice, feedback, support, and encouragement to students, in both an academic and personal tutor role, to ensure a high-quality student experience.
- Engage in continuing professional development and enhancement, through for example gaining membership of the Higher Education Academy, through relevant University staff development or through membership of a relevant professional body.
- Undertake appropriate administrative tasks to ensure the effective operation and management of the curriculum and, at the request of a line manager, undertake a small cross-programme or School administrative role such as student admissions, involvement in marketing and open day initiatives.
- Be an active and enthusiastic member of the Campus, working collaboratively with colleagues, participating in school boards and staff-student committees, attending, where appropriate, Faculty working groups and committees, and making a positive contribution to the overall culture and environment of the Campus.
- Higher Education Academy (Fellow)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (Student)
Mohamed has taught modules related to:
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Business Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Organizational Strategy
- Operations Management
- Marketing Management
- Brand Management
- Sustainable Business Management
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Planning
- Business Planning and Promotion
- Planning for Growth
- Organisational Behaviour
- Managing Successful Business Projects
- Business and Business Environment
- Knowledge and Information Business Management
- Leadership and Management
- Managing People
- Managing Performance
- Managing Change
- International Business Project
- Professional Career Development
- Academic and Employability Skills
Mohamed's research interests include the impact of effective corporate governance on the financial performance of listed companies; the development prospects of Islamic Banking and Finance in the western conventional banking and financial system; the identification of the factors that have potential impact on the sustainability of the small and medium business in the UK; as well as the impact of active learning strategy on the effective engagement of learners in the HE setting with widening participation.