Role in the University
DBA Supervisor and Lecturer
Dr Lipi Begum is a Senior Lecturer and Research Fellow in fashion and business cultures. She has held positions at the University of the Arts London, University of Southampton, Lasalle Design College in Shanghai, Manchester Metropolitan University and previously Senior MBA Marketing and Management lecturer at UWTSD London. She has worked globally on fashion, creative industries and social enterprise projects and was a sustainability consultant for the United Nations, Better Work in Textiles and Garments project in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), UK
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA), UK
Global strategic marketing and management
- Mixed and multidisciplinary research methodologies - ethnographic to quantitative
- Consumer behaviour
- Professional skills for management
- Leadership and coaching
- Data and research ethics
- Gender, race and social justice theories...
Lipi is an experienced SEDA accredited Postgraduate Research Supervisor. She is passionate about curriculum innovation and has a Postgraduate Diploma in Academic Practice in Art, Design and Communication.
South Asian fashion, media & youth cultures
- Global consumer cultures
- Global garments industry
- Creative clusters
- Small business & social enterprise
- Circular economies
- Diversity, equity & inclusion...
Lipi welcomes enquiries from potential DBA students.
Further information about her research and publications can be found on Research Gate and Academic.edu.