Afzal Sayed Munna is a Doctoral Researcher (Education) at the University of Bath and also studying his Doctor of Business Administration (DBA-Strategic Management) at EMAS Business School, Russia. Afzal also serves as an education oversight consultant and an entrepreneur by profession. Afzal was born in Bangladesh and lives in Essex. Afzal has over 20 years of experience working as a media and business consultant in various organisations in the UK and abroad.
Afzal began his teaching career in Higher Education (in 2010) in London. He continues to teach on modules related to marketing, international business, business administration, business studies and business management modules. Afzal's motivation for teaching is based on the commitment to help others and the belief that teachers can change and transform minds. He has been engaged with education, development, training and community throughout his life. He has developed confidence in educating people of all ages, and in different areas of knowledge including business and learning skills.
Afzal has experience in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at various UK Higher Education institutes. He has acted as an independent second marker for MBA dissertations, management information systems, and exam papers. He is familiar with the different UK awarding organisations and with their curriculum of delivering lectures including Edexcel, Institute of Administrative Management (IAM), Association of Business Executives (ABE), The Organization for Tourism and Hospitality Management (OTHM), ATHE-The Management Awarding Organization, Accrediting & Assessment Bureau for Post-Secondary Schools (AABPS), London Centre of Marketing (LCM), SFEDI (Small Firms Enterprise Development Initiative), Education for Business Managers & Administrators (EBMA) and University of Wales (UoW).
Currently, Afzal works as a Lecturer, Module Leader and Academic Coordinator at the UWTSD London campus. He is also working as an Associate Professor at the Richmond, The American International University in London, Associate lecturer at the Bath Spa University and UNICAF University, Ireland. Afzal is also the Director of THIRD EYE Communication Limited, a community based educational training provider.
- Chartered Association of Business Schools - Certified Management and Business Educator (CMBE)
- Society for Education and Training - Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS), Member
- Higher Education Academy – Fellow
- British Educational Research Association (BERA) - Member
- Journal of Education: SAGE Journal (Boston University) - Reviewer
- International Journal of Asian Education (IJAE) eISSN: 2722-8592 - Editorial Board Member
- International Education and Culture Studies eISSN: 2766-6778 - Editorial Board Member
- Gnosi: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Human Theory and Praxis eISSN: 2714-2485- Editorial Board Member
Afzal teaches on a variety of modules such as Problem Solving and Decision Making, Effective Team working and Communication, Managing Enterprise in the 21st Century, Academic and Employability Skills, Digital Skills and Research Methods, Professional Career Development and Developing Relationships & Workplace Achievement.
Afzal's research interests include international education; curriculum development and management; assessment, teaching and learning; research methods; inclusive education; and student engagement. His interests also focus particularly on marketing, international studies, student engagement and inclusive education. He is also interested in educational policy making and particularly interested in how public policy is made and by whom, and in improving decision-making and constitutional, democratic structures.
- Munna, A. S., & Kalam, M. A. (2021). Application of Theories, Principles and Models of Curriculum Design: A Literature Review. International Journal of Multidisciplinary and Current Educational Research (IJMCER), 3(1), 147-153. Retrieved from https://www.ijmcer.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/IJMCER_T03101470153.pdf
- Munna, A. S., & Kalam, M. A. (2021). Teaching and learning process to enhance teaching effectiveness: a literature review. International Journal of Humanities and Innovation (IJHI), 4(1), 1-4. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.33750/ijhi.v4i1.102
- Munna, A. S., & Shaikh, M. S. I. (2021) Impact of Shared Ethnicity in Building Effective Relationship: A complete Literature Review on Higher Education Context. Academic Journal of International Education Research, 2(1), 1-6.
- Munna, A. S. (2021) Business Model: Literature Review. PINISI Discretion Review, 4(2), 1-6. https://doi.org/10.26858/pdr.v4i2.19022
- Munna, A. S. (2021). COVID-19 and Sustainability in Higher Education: Reflective Review. International Journal of Educational Administration, Management, and Leadership, 2(1), 1-4. https://doi.org/10.51629/ijeamal.v2i1.13
- Munna, A. S. (2021) Strategic Management, Leadership and Staff Motivation: Literature Review. International Education and Culture Studies, 1(1), 21-29. Retrieved from http://www.stslpress.org/journal/journalArticle?id=5
- Munna, A. S. (2020) ‘International Students’ Learning Experience on Global Curriculum’, Journal of Education. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022057420972063
- Munna, A. S., & Shaikh, M. S. I. (2020) Working from Home vs Learning from Home: A Critical Investigation and Analysis during the COVID-19. Asian Journal of Education and Social Studies, 12(3), 23-29. https://doi.org/10.9734/ajess/2020/v12i330312
- Munna, A. S. (2020) Poverty’s Effects on the Ability to Engage with Education Actively: A Case Study of the Access and Participation Plan. International Journal of Asian Education, 1(3), 125-134. https://doi.org/10.46966/ijae.v1i3.45
- Munna, A. S., & Shaikh, M. S. (2020). Pedagogies and practice: online teaching during COVID-19. International Journal of Humanities and Innovation (IJHI), 3(4), 132-138. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.33750/ijhi.v3i4.96
- Educating all children: Reducing achievement gap thru' inclusion. Saturday 25 February 2017. Newsbangladesh.com [Online]
- Private university and some private talks: The Weekly Holiday: August 03, 2007
- Appropriate Economics, Sustainable Development of Bangladesh: The Weekly Holiday: August 25, 2006
- Consumer Rights: Fundamental Rights: The Daily Bhorer Kagoj: April 27, 2004
- Poverty Alleviation or Eradication: The Weekly Holiday: March 05, 2004
- Consumer Rights and Bangladesh: The Daily Khabarpatra: September 27, 2003
- Consumer Rights and Bangladesh: The Daily Sangram: August 23, 2003
- Tomer Trishna (A collection of poems): Dipa Prokasoni: 07 October 1999
- Munna, A. S. & Mazumdar, A. (2021). Online Learning: A View from Higher Education. Cross Current Int J Peer Reviewed J Human Soc Sci, 7(2), 45- 49.
- Munna, A. S., & Kalam, M. A. (2021). Impact of Active Learning Strategy on the Student Engagement. GNOSI: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Human Theory and Praxis, 4(2), 96-114. Retrieved from http://www.gnosijournal.com/index.php/gnosi/article/view/96
- Munna, A. S., & Khanam , R. . (2021). Analysis of the Value and Advantages of Financial Literacy and Digitalization to the Individual. International Journal of Asian Education, 2(2), 141-152. https://doi.org/10.46966/ijae.v2i2.80
- Foundation Diploma, Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers, London, UK
- APA - Advanced PC Application, NIIT
- Outstanding Innovation in Teaching Award, Waltham International College (WIC), 2018 & 2019
- OCR Business GCE Assessor (Cambridge Assessment)
- End-Point Assessor - Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
- A Qualified External Quality Assurer, Lead Internal Quality Assurer and Internal Quality Assurer
Selected three consecutive months, by peers and an independent consumer panel, as Employee of the Month (January – March 2009)
- Achieved Personal Best & Group Best Award in Retail Sales – Kleeneze Ltd (group of Findel Plc) September 2008
- Employee of the Year, Maersk Bangladesh Ltd, 2006 - 2007