BA Business Management
This course is an ideal insight into the fast-moving world of business today. It has been designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed within the public, private or third sector.
Students who wish to study this programme may come from a wide variety of subject backgrounds, including, but not necessarily business management. This programme suits those who prefer to learn a broad repertoire of business skills, rather than focusing on one specialism.
This involves learning core business skills relating to, for example, marketing, human resources, information systems/e-Business, accounting and finance. Students would undertake a range of tasks associated with business organisations, and would enjoy developing sophisticated solutions to business problems and opportunities.
Given the broad range of skills learned, graduates would have many career opportunities in a diverse range of business roles (e.g. marketing, HR, project management, etc.) in a wide range of sectors. This programme is also suitable as a stepping stone for those who wish to develop a specialism after a general business education, for those who wish to become business teachers or as a route to self-employment.
The BA Business Management programme is a three year full time course designed to provide students with all the necessary business skills to excel in their chosen field or carry on with postgraduate studies.
Year 1 : Level 4
- Applied Personal & Professional Development
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Marketing Essentials
- The Global Business Environment
- Introducing the Modern Workplace
- Community Engagement
Year 2: Level 5
- Management Accounting
- Managing People
- Data Handling & Business Intelligence
- Management Economics
- Project Management
Year 3: Level 6
- Strategic Management & Sustainability
- International Financial Management
- Leadership and Management Theory and Practice
- International Business Communications
The specific aims are to provide the student with:
- a systematic understanding and detailed knowledge of business organisations, concepts relevant to their management, the environments in which they operate, and issues relevant to innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
- the ability to conceptualise, devise, modify and/or apply analytical frameworks appropriate to business management, in order to devise strategy and exploit current and future opportunities within particular contexts.
On completion of this programme, students will have greatly increased their competence through intellectual growth and personal development. The programme aims are met by students achieving the learning outcomes given below:
On completion of this programme, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge and a systematic understanding of the key issues involved with the management of a range of business functions including accounting and finance, marketing and human resources.
- Apply a variety of conceptual frameworks and tools to analyse critically complex problems that occur within business organisations in changing environments, and develop and/or appraise business policies and strategies, including those about sustainability, to meet stakeholder interests.
- Appraise the role of data management and business intelligence within an organisation and how the management and exploitation of information supports and impacts the functional business areas and competitive advantage.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills, self-motivation and analytical abilities through an investigation of specific business problems and opportunities, and the production
This programme offers an academically challenging, vocational experience which incorporates innovative teaching and assessment methods. Students will be expected to be active in managing their learning experience, to be creative and to take initiatives to develop themselves.
A wide range of international qualifications which are equivalent to two A Level passes, including International Baccalaureate and European Baccalaureate are recognised. The University will normally accept students who have completed a recognised International Foundation Programme, for example, those offered by UK Further Education Colleges, Universities, and Colleges of Higher Education.
English language proficiency at or exceeding an average IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent in any other approved test), with no score less than 5.5 in any components of the test.
£500 (reduction of the first year fees) for applicants with 70% or above marks in the qualifying award.
Early bird offer
10 bursaries of £500 each per intake are available to applicants who have submitted complete applications and who have been issued with an unconditional offer letter at least two months before the registration week for their chosen programme. the £500 reduction only applies to the first year’s fee.
The programme boasts a high employability rate for graduating students who are in work within six months of completing the degree. A significant number of graduates also progress to postgraduate studies at this and other universities. Graduates will apply their knowledge and skills in the following fields:
- Human Resources
- Marketing and Sales
- Financial Services
- Public, private or third sector management
- Business Consultancy
- Postgraduate study/research